Friday, February 11, 2011

Whacky Valentine's

Elizabeth was able to have her first official/organized Valentine's Day celebration at her pre-school class this Thursday.  There are only four other children in her class and the teacher so we made six valentine's cards and when I say made we didn't really do much but borrow some great ideas and glue on googly eyes.  I'll let the picture speak for itself...and provide a link to the great site where I snagged the idea from - The Crafting Chicks.


I could not stop laughing my head off when I saw this online - of course the chicks version is much more fancy and detailed then mine but I figured they were for 3 and 4 year olds so I didn't need to go all out or spend all day making them.  I edited a recent photo of Elizabeth on the computer, added the wording (Valentine...I've got my EYES on YOU! Love Elizabeth) and then printed 6 copies.  We then glued on said googly eyes and taped the picture to a box of sweethearts.  MOST SIMPLE CRAFT EVER (okay maybe not ever but you know how I like easy). Elizabeth even thought the cards were funny so they are a big hit at our house.  I'm wondering what else we can googly eye!

On a side note - one of the sites we check has some other great hacks for simple valentine's cards for your younger children or your cheap budget or your last minute, forgot to do classroom valentine's needs - Parent Hacks.  If you aren't so handy with computer photo editing this is a great alternative.

3 comments: