Monday, September 5, 2011

Amazing August

This month started off in style - camping style.  We had a great time we my sister Cassie and her family camping up in the mountains of Utah.  The weather was cooler, the bugs were lesser and the fun was in full force.  Camping with four children all under the age of five isn't exactly relaxing but we had a really great time all in all I would say.
 
We went on many four wheeler rides - we actually went on our first as a family of four - and saw lots of beautiful scenery.  The kids had fun getting extremely dirty, throwing rocks in lakes and driving the adults crazy. (minus a malfunction in the trailer with an almost lost water tank it was a wonderful trip).

Chris is plugging along at his new job - I think the only downside for him is the commute.  Most of the time he doesn't have to drive but when he does he says it isn't really the greatest way to spend almost 2 hours of your day.  The girls and I have kept busy enjoying the wrap up of summer.  We have been to the park, to the library, and the zoo. We've made a bunch of trips to grandma's to visit with family.  Elizabeth has been gearing up to go back to pre-school, practicing tracing her letters in an awesome re-usable book we made for pretty cheap.  And all in all we've been having a very good time together.
 
 
 
I've been doing a few projects at home as well.  I've painted both of the bathrooms in our home.  Painted the girls bright yellow - and I mean bright - and ours slate grey (we basically live in the bat cave, our bedroom is chocolate brown and now the bathroom dark grey, it makes it much easier to sleep in the summer months when the sun wants to wake you up).  The girls turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.  And I've also just started making crocheted newborn size hats - it doesn't take very much time and it is a great way to use of up some free yarn I received.
 
Last but not least we celebrated loads of birthdays this month - in our house we were able to help Moose celebrate turning one and me turning thirty-one.  I even made moose a homemade, dog-safe, birthday cake.  He ate it so I have to say it was a success.  Chris treated me with many nice things throughout the day for my birthday.  He bought me some of my favorite treats (rootbeer in a bottle, red vines and reese peanut butter cups) and also had the girls send me some beautiful flowers.  Thanks to grandparents we've been able to go out for a few dates this month including on my birthday.  We went to dinner at The Melting Pot (which I think we went there for my birthday last year too).  It is a great place to sit and relax oh and eat too - it usually takes us about two hours to complete our meal.
 
For my birthday we had a whole day of celebration.  The girls and I woke up and had breakfast and then we drove down south and went to Ikea.  We needed to get Olivia new bedding and curtains so we did that.  And then we met Chris at his work and had a tour of the inside.  The girls really loved that.  We went to lunch at a Utah favorite The Training Table. On the way home I stopped at The Cheesecake Factory and picked up cheesecake to go for Chris and I to eat later.  The girls and I came home an took naps and then Chris and I went out to dinner afterwards to celebrate.  It was perfect!

1 comment:

  1. So talented! Cute hats, fun painting. Glad you had a fun time on the ATVs. Looks like a pretty place. Your girls are adorable. And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete