Next we made our semi-annual visit to the dentist. This was Olivia's first time for an actual cleaning and she did really well. The dentist has televisions in the ceiling so the girls just pop in head phones and half the time don't even realize we are at the dentist. Elizabeth had a small cavity so she experienced a little extra time in 'the chair'. The dentist is close to our home so anytime we drive by we make sure to make a big deal about how exciting and fun it is to go to the dentist. Here are the victims.
We were able to celebrate Mother's Day this month. Always a time honored tradition in our home - make mother her favorite breakfast. At this point Chris still does all of the work but in a few years I'm sure the girls will be able to help him make eggs in a nest - I rarely have it any other time of the year so it makes it extra special. I was treated this year with some beautiful tulips and some chocolates from Cavanaugh's and my favorite present - a day at the spa - which has yet to be redeemed but will not be wasted. The girls and I made flowers out of cupcake liners for their grandmas and I was able to spend the afternoon with my grandma Grandma Marge (my namesake) making a traditional Italian pasta from potatoes - gnocchi. It was a very nice and relaxing day. I'm very grateful to be a mom and to have a great mother and grandmother. Even though it's the hardest job you'll ever have I guess it is really worth it.
Elizabeth was able to have a lot of lasts this moth. Her last Tuesday at preschool. Her last Thursday at preschool. Her last day of field trip of preschool. We went to a local farm and were able to again enjoy some baby animals. Elizabeth also graduated from preschool. She loved her teacher Mrs. Rogers and enjoyed getting to spend time with all of her preschool friends. She can still name each of them. What a difference a year can make - here is Elizabeth in 2011 at the end of her first year and then here she is again this year. She looks humongous!
During the month I took a few random pictures of the girls sleeping. I guess mostly because I realize that soon they won't be napping anymore and soon they won't be little anymore. They both sleep in the strangest positions sometimes (a lot like their father). Also they are obsessed with horses at the moment and often times you'll find them doing this...
At the end of the month we did one of our favorite things - go camping. It was our first trip of the year as a family in the trailer over Memorial Day weekend. We went in the mountains and in May in the mountains in Utah you can still except cool temperatures. Thankfully we were prepared and the girls were really great even though it snowed most of the time we were there. We did go on some four wheeler rides and the girls live to go super fast.
Overall we had a really great month. We spent time together as a family just the four of us and we spent a lot of time with our extended family as well. We love to live close by so many of the people that we love. We are very blessed. For future generations to behold I give you the Caputo Cousins. I love this picture because you can totally see the kids' personalities. I also love the bricks. This may be the future site of our next family photo. Riley - age 2. Olivia - age 3. Parker - age 4. Elizabeth - age 5.
And if you thought we had been to the 'farm' enough in one month - well you were wrong. We ended the month with a visit to Mele Farms - my aunt and uncle have a plethora of animals (to say the least) and most recently added baby goats for my cousin Daisy's birthday. They are pretty darn cute and won't get super big. The girls really enjoyed getting to meet the goats. Olivia was even able to get some fresh eggs from the chickens and we came home and had eggs for dinner - picky Elizabeth even ate some too. It has been very interesting to see the girls learn all about things that they don't encounter in every day life - maybe we'll move to the middle of no where and start to farm - as long as their is satellite internet we'll be just fine.


























Your girls are sure growing up! They're beautiful! You must be living right if they both still nap. I'm extremely jealous :)
ReplyDeleteThose goats are so flipping cute! Glad to see you guys have been keeping busy doing some really fun stuff. Although that snow while camping looked really cold! :)
ReplyDelete