Saturday, April 28, 2012

I've Forgotten

I'm trying to remember what happened next.  February comes after January.  Usually there are things like the holiday of Valentine's and perhaps some wonderful snow storms to follow.  Normally there are things like vacations or staycations and maybe even some quality time outside for the first time in awhile due to the fourth season in Utah.  This year I can honestly say I don't remember a thing.  It's all a blur.  Either it was really very dull or it was so horrendous I have blocked it all out of my mind.

Thanks to a handy, dandy, free wall calendar we keep in the kitchen I have a few marked events written in stone and then of course there are always the pictures.  The pictures really help me remember the eventful things worth remembering.

Let me preface this with saying most of the reason why I don't remember what happened is due to illness, none really on my part just continued sickness for Chris (thankfully nothing major or traumatic) and the girls - they were just sick.  Coughs and runny noses.  And more coughs and runny noses.  And still more runny noses.  I wasn't sure if it was allergies or sickness but we didn't want to infect anyone else so we stayed in our own bubble.

I can tell from our choice of picture set we spent a lot of time indoors. Mostly due to sickness but also in part due to the colder temperature and germ breading ground provided by winter.  We went on a rampage of baking and cooking new things and making and creating things. Pictured as follows: heart shaped cupcakes for valentines, peanut butter cookies with heart shaped chocolates, being consumed by my lovely assistant, whole wheat bread made in a bread machine with wheat that I ground on my hand powered wheat grinder, popcorn balls flavored with jello, one stage of churning butter - well cheating churning butter by the kitchen aid, the finished butter and last but not least homemade slime, yes you read that correctly, homemade slime, in use by my other lovely assistant.

 
 
 
   
Chris worked a lot of long extra hours for work.  He had a big project to work on and he wasn't able to work on the systems he needed to until late in the evening into early in the morning.  There one outing to the RV show - Elizabeth is set on buying a motorhome - she still talks about how she is going to drive us around.

Here's a couple more cute shots of the girls, well because you can never have too many of those. Olivia and one of her many zebras - she has begun a new obsession.  Fun with foam letters.  It's a mat that has a foam piece for each letter of the alphabet and apparently they make really fun hats or choking devices.  And Elizabeth had opposites day at school or crazy insane day - and yes that's a swimsuit on the outside of her pants.

Suffice it to say I hope we never have a February like this again - it was all just a little too much.  And I couldn't leave these out.  Valentine's heart hair and Elizabeth's card for preschool. Chris surprised me with a HUGE rose bouquet - for frame of reference we used Olivia. Much love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment