January 5, 2011 was our 11 Year wedding anniversary. This year it was on a Wednesday so I wasn't really expecting too much fuss. Chris and I had discussed going to dinner some where nice (we usually go some where more fancy than Wendy's or Olive Garden to celebrate). But other than that I left the planning up to Chris. I realized we never really discussed this or planned it out but Chris and I pretty much alternate every other year on who is in charge of planning the festivities for such an exciting event (seriously people wedding anniversaries are and should be a big deal). I tried really hard this year not to ask too many questions and ruin any kind of surprise.
The morning of the 5th arrived and I knew we were going to dinner at Flemming's Steak House. I tried really hard not to ask too many questions to avoid spoiling the surprise. I asked Chris what time I needed to be ready by and he told me 3 o'clock. Problem is I work every afternoon from 1 to 5 pm so he had to tell me that I didn't need to go to work that day. He had arranged with my boss before hand to get me the day off work. I always love the good surprise, especially one that takes a little bit of extra work.
Little did I know Chris had even more tricks up his sleeve. We needed to go to Costco (seriously one of my favorite places) to pick up a few things and normally he runs those errands so he can get out of the house (since he's stuck here most days since he works from home). Well he insisted that I go to Costco instead, which was fine. I helped put the girls down for a nap and then I went to Costco and picked up some lunch on the way home.
So 3 o'clock rolled around and I got dressed in my party dress. Chris' step-dad Cliff came over to watch the girls and at this point I just assumed that we were going to dinner and maybe a movie or something of that nature. I was very confused because I didn't really want to eat dinner that early especially since we at lunch at like 2 o'clock. But we were ready and left the house just after 3 and heading to Salt Lake. Chris drove, took the exit closest to the restaurant but instead of going to the restaurant he went an entirely different route. Of course my wheels are a spinning, where are we going?
Chris ended up planning a wonderful two day anniversary event. We went from our house to the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake where we stayed in the Palace Suite. I was greeted by 12 long stem roses and box of my favorite chocolates, Mindy Mints from Mrs. Cavanaugh's (seriously heaven in a box). We relaxed for about an hour and then we went to dinner at Fleming's Steak House (I would highly recommend it for any special occasion). After dinner we walked around the Gateway Mall and did a little bit of shopping and then we headed back to the inn.
Thursday morning we awoke to breakfast in bed and we even slept in a little bit till about 9 o'clock. I assumed we had to get up and get ready and get home but Chris surprised me yet again with another full day together and a day off work. We left the inn at about 11 and headed out for some more shopping. We went to one of Chris' favorite places Cabela's for some clearance hunting shopping and then onto one of my favorite places Ikea where we enjoyed lunch and shopping sans children. After shopping we stopped for a movie, Little Fockers, and then we grabbed a quick dinner at a place they don't have near our house but a favorite, Chick-fil-a. Then we headed home back to reality.
All in all it was a great few days away from the real world for just Chris and I to be together. Some days I can't believe it has been 11 years since we were married. Some days I can remember it just like it was yesterday. I am so glad that Chris picked me to be his wife. Thanks honey, you're the best!
(I went link crazy in this post but it's because I/we didn't take any pictures, probably a good thing!)

Hahahahah. That is funny! The picture thing! Hahahah
ReplyDeleteFunny you mentioned Wendy's. We go there every year for our anniversary. Brandon brought me lunch from Wendy's the day we got married. Tradition born. We do normally do something else too. Now we take the kids and celebrate the beginning of our family.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys had a great time!
ReplyDelete(FYI, our oldest child was conceived in the Palace Suite! LOL!)