When I started the blog (oh so long ago last year) I planned to just post once a month however in the past few weeks we've had a lot of eventful/document worthy things take place so I feel like I should just share them as they happen if I can so when the end of the month comes around I don't forget everything that has happened.
Chris' birthday is December 18th and this year he asked everyone to pool their funds together so he could get this for his present...
An awesome, not just ordinary, but super-de-dooper food dehydrator. I'm not sure how much food we will actually dehydrates as the main purpose of the purchase was to make home made jerky from elk meat recently acquired from Chris' hunting expedition, however, Chris did make one batch of apples and one batch of bananas (I'll say it now and I'll say it again, I just don't like bananas, however the apples were most scrumptious).
The elk jerky was of course delicious as well. Chris used a packaged cure and seasoning from Cabela's for the first two batches.




I'm with you on the bananas. The cool thing about that dryer is that it is a rectangle and would be easy to cover with sean wrap to make fruit leather. Yum! Next fall while Chris is hunting you can do peaches and pears. Cherries are the best if you can find enough at a good price - 100 times better than raisins and I like raisins a lot.
ReplyDelete